The Buffalo Zoo will hold a “Warm Up with the Cold-Blooded” event on Saturday.
Families looking for a unique wintertime experience with the kids this weekend can get out of the cold and enjoy some fun at the Zoo. The special animal event will take place in the Zoo’s historic reptile house, sponsored by Geico. Programming and activities will run from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturday, January 9 and will feature some of the Zoo’s reptiles and amphibians. The event is free with regular Zoo admission. A full schedule of activities follows.
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m – Raffles, crafts, face painting, bake sale, and hot chocolate
- (while supplies last)
- 11 a.m. – Snake handling demonstration and photo op (featuring Jamaican boa)
- 11:30 a.m. – Venomous and non-venomous snake feedings
- 12 p.m. – Get your picture taken with SAM the hellbender and the Geico Gecko
- 12:30 p.m. – Amphibian keeper talk and up-close encounter (featuring Puerto Rican crested toads and Panamanian golden frogs)
- 1 p.m. – Meet the Behind-the-Scenes Reptile House babies!
- 1:30 p.m. – Guess the weight contest (animal art prize)
- 2 p.m. – Heloderm feeding and demo (featuring beaded lizards and gila monster)
- 2:30 p.m. – Reptile keeper talk, encounter, and photo op
- 3 p.m. – Raffle winners announced (need not be present to win)
- 3:30 p.m. – Hellbender keeper talk and demonstration
|Some of the animal artwork you could win at Warm Up with the Cold Blooded|