The special animal event will take place in the Zoo’s reptile house, with special programming and activities running from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturday, January 17. Activities will feature some of the Zoo’s reptiles, amphibians, and other residents of the reptile house, and are free with regular Zoo admission. A full schedule of activities follows.
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m – Raffle, crafts, face painting, and hot chocolate
- (while supplies last)
- 11 a.m. – Snake handling demonstration and photo op
- 11:30 a.m. – Animal enrichment
- 12 p.m. – Get your picture taken with SAM the hellbender
- 12:30 p.m. – Amphibian keeper talk and up-close encounter
- 12:30 p.m. – Learn about the Buffalo Zoo’s FrogWatch USA Chapter
- 1 p.m. – Venomous and non-venomous snake feedings
- 1:30 p.m. – Guess the weight contest, featuring heloderms (animal art prize)
- 2 p.m. – Heloderm feeding and demonstration
- 2:30 p.m. – Reptile keeper talk, encounter, and photo op
- 3 p.m. – Raffle winners announced (need not be present to win)
- 3:30 p.m. – Hellbender keeper talk and demonstration
The Zoo’s last “Warm Up With the Cold Blooded” event was held in 2011. A growing interest in the reptiles and amphibians encouraged the Zoo’s herpetology team to reintroduce the event.
For more information about the “Warm Up With the Cold Blooded” event, call (716) 995-6133 or visit www.buffalozoo.org